Saturday, June 25, 2016

Out and about

Activities include:

Comics read
Amazing Spider-Man: 101
X-Factor: 25
Fantastic Four: 257
Incredible Hulk: 181
Justice League: 43, 44

Work related
I volunteered at the annual Friends of the Library booksale on Monday the 20th. A first for me and a return to the sale after close to 20 years. The school cafeteria where it is held was just as warm as I remember it and the heat took a toll on me because I was done at the end of my day. 

Paddling
On Sunday the 19th, Father's Day, I got a sweet present from my family who spent the day with me at Nanakuli Beach the site of my third regatta race. Nanakuli is one my favorite places to race the water is so blue and clear and the start is just beyond the shorebreak so its a fast out, three turns, and back in sprint. I'm glad my family had a good time out there they really enjoyed the water. My crew did not do well again because our turns are slower than the other teams, this is where the other boats gain on us. 
My view of the race I snuck a camera on the boat and snapped this pic at the starting line.
Green flag means go Novice A crew! Thanks for the photo Dr. Pete Caldwell.

I did not attend a single practice this past week, I'm already afraid of the pain this coming Monday. No canoe race for me on Sunday the 26th because my wife has a luncheon planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment